Director, Finance and Administration - BuzzFeed Japan
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; and strategic partnerships, licensing and product development.
- Manage financial operations and administrative matters for a growing digital media company
- Oversee day-to-day operations of all team members (Finance Manager, HR Manager, Office Admin)
- Take responsibility for company’s Budgeting and Forecasting process
- Develop organizational strategies
- Communicate with BFJ Managers about pacing of business performance against plan and monitoring operating expenses
- Responsible for ensuring that company governance is compliant with Japanese business law and employment law
- Provide regular periodic reports to Board of Directors and shareholders
- Help with searching for and assessment of strategic partners
- Provide financial leadership on M&A processes as required
- Directly report to CEO, BFJ
- 10+ years of experience of Financial management role, working experience in global company preferred
- Deep knowledge of FP&A
- Experience managing team of Finance professionals
- Deep understanding of Japanese labor law and common HR practices
- Highly analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- People-oriented and results-driven professional
- Self-starter who can adapt quickly and manage multiple projects in a constantly changing environment
- Media/Entertainment or online marketing industry experience is a plus
- University or higher level degree required
- Language skill : Japanese (Native), English (Business Level)
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
See jobs at Bluecore