BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; and strategic partnerships, licensing and product development.
- Build up HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the company business strategy
- Manage overall HR systems and procedures to maximize efficiency
- Facilitate performance review system, pay-raise, and promotion process
- Manage recruiting process
- Identify business needs and develop appropriate employee training programs to ensure that team members have the skills necessary to succeed
- Maintain and develop employee benefits programs
- Develop employee relationships, provide counseling, conflict resolution, and general
- Support decision making by management through provision of HR metrics
- Support the company’s Diversity & Inclusion policy and evangelize BuzzFeed values
- Report to Director of Finance & Administration, BuzzFeed Japan
- Remote work available in accordance with company policy
- 5+ years of working experience in HR, experience in a global company preferred
- Knowledge of HR rules, databases, and evaluation programs
- Deep understanding of Japanese labor law and HR best practices
- Highly analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent active listening and facilitation skills
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- People-oriented and results-driven professional
- Self-starter who can adapt quickly and manage multiple projects in a constantly changing environment
- Media/Entertainment or online marketing industry experience is a plus
- University or higher level degree required
- Language skill : Japanese (Native), English a plus, but not required
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one