BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Creative Producer to join the Creative team in Los Angeles and help pitch and create branded content for our BuzzFeed audience. Reporting to our Branded Supervising Producer, this content-creation role will require collaboration with the wider team to develop BuzzFeed content for advertising partners.
We're looking for someone inspired and energetic who loves creating exciting branded work and can speak authentically to the BuzzFeed audience. Our growing team is at the forefront of an incredibly exciting global shift in advertising, and we’re looking for people who are both creative and strategic and who can help us jump to the next level.
- Write pitches, treatments, and scripts for exciting and shareable branded BuzzFeed videos. We’re talking about stuff like this, this, and this.
- Pitch and create branded BuzzFeed posts/quizzes, short-form content, and Instagram/TikTok stories.
- Collaborate with a Creative Director on each program to determine the best ideas and products to pitch to a brand.
- Contribute to Creative meetings and brainstorm sessions, thinking creatively about fresh new formats and products.
- Pitch ideas, both internally and directly to clients — this could include writing a formal pitch or verbally bringing your idea to life in an in-person meeting alongside your Creative Director.
- Collaborate with our Sales and Client Service Management teams to ensure the brand’s needs are met.
- Juggle projects across multiple teams, providing exceptional work every time.
- 2–3 years of experience writing and producing content online who is comfortable creating content for the BuzzFeed audience.
- Experience collaborating on identity-specific projects such as our Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, and LGBTQ content.
- A strong drive and be able to make content independently, as well as a willingness to learn new skills with video production.
- You are an adaptable team player, who can keep up with the demands of ever-changing media and our ever-evolving slate of products (video, Instagram, TikTok, listicles, quizzes…)
- An interest in and deep knowledge of internet culture, including experience producing work for a variety of platforms and social networks.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!