BuzzFeed is looking for a Managing Producer to bring organizational skills and inspiring leadership to our production team. We are looking for an experienced and passionate self-starter that can work with all departments within Branded Video.
- Provide production feedback on pre-sale and post-sale timelines
- Give feedback and assistance on Pre-Pro deck to clients
- Help assemble and review Production binder for client
- Submit and work with Recruiting to hire various production members
- Collaborating with Studio Ops for on and off campus shoots
- Build and submit budgets for approval
- Collect and review Wrap Binder to submit to archive
- Collaborate with Creative Producers on production logistics
- Write and actualize budgets for all CoBranded, Tasty, and Media Brands shoots, staying within the given budget amounts or flagging for exceptions when going over. Identify BFV codes, Op IDs, and Line IDs from the account managers using BuzzFeed Account Manager
- Coordinate with the Director or Creative Producers to ascertain needs for each shoot and reach a compromise that works for everyone if creative needs and production resources aren't compatible
- Hire crew and source gear and locations as needed
- Complete and submit start packets, timecards, Cashet and petty cash reconciliation, reimbursements, purchase orders, and check requests within accounting deadlines
- If shooting on campus, facilitate stage booking and necessary gear rentals with Studio Ops. Create and update Studio Ops-specific production binders to meet their needs prior to shooting on campus, including gear/crew lists, concepts, and shot lists. Set resource syncs and tech scouts with Studio Ops to ensure shoot needs are met
- Sync with Production, Creative, Culinary, Account Managers, Project Managers, and Post-Production to ensure all needs for successful video execution are met
- If necessary, send project details emails for shoots that are more complicated than usual
- Maintain shoot folders and wrap binders on Egnyte
- Maintain and update Budget Breakdown and Expense docs, cataloging each expense on each shoot for overview reference, and use to double-check figures when submitting actualized budgets to ensure accuracy
- Assist with updating the Production Manual
- Track freelancer start and end dates to flag any potential overlapped booking issues amongst other teams
- Provide Branded and/or Media Brands Production Timeline feedback on Basecamp, following RTL protocol and shoot window requests through Studio Ops
- Collaborate w Casting, Culinary, Creator Ops, and Studio Ops as needed on Timeline feedback and changes
- Update Production milestone dates in Airtable: kick-off, pre-pro calls, shoot dates, post-mortems, etc
- Schedule and initiate post-mortems on shoots to troubleshoot problems, if necessary, as well as any shoots that take place in the office
- Maintain the CoBranded and/or Media Brands Shooting Schedule and Google Calendar and ensure they're synced. Meet with the Content Operations Manager to ensure all calendars and schedules are up to date with the most current information and double-check each other's work for accuracy/mistakes
- Flag any outstanding issues to the Manager of Production and Associate Director of Production
- Ensure that crew safety is maintained at all times and adhere to all new safety protocols created in response to COVID 19
- Work with the Culinary Team and the Creative Producers to tag team sourcing of hero products
- Assist with updating the Airtable for Production
- Organize and execute the line production needs of multiple lower-lift video shoots in various stages of prep, production, and post while adhering to the confines of the budgets and schedules
- Run the set and ensure completion within budget and schedule. Act quickly to solve any problems that arise
- Create call sheets and distribute call sheet emails when Producer or PM are unavailable
- Supervise Assistant Production Coordinator and Production Assistants. Approve and sign their time cards, mileage, and the Cashet envelopes that the coordinator handles. Delegate production tasks such as ingredient/prop sourcing, gear distribution from the cage, and Cashet reconciliation
- 5+ years of production management experience with a leadership role
- Deep knowledge of Production and Operations best practices
- Expertise in budgeting and scheduling
- Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously across multiple teams and projects
- Experience with and willingness to learn production management software/tools/databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable time management skills, ability to multitask and prioritize projects with sensitive deadlines
- Ability to adapt to last-minute changes in schedules and plans
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities, including creative producers and talent
- Understanding of Movie Magic, Google Drive, and Airtable
- Proficient in and capacity to train and troubleshoot use of Movie Magic Budgeting, Scheduling, Smartstart or comparable budgeting and scheduling software
- A mastery of on-set production process and protocol
- A proficiency of Accounting paperwork submission and guidelines
- A willingness to take the lead or support as needed
- A growing understanding of internal production responsibilities and process
- A proficiency in internal departmental definitions, teams, and roles
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth by work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools and content that helps connect people all over the world.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one