BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is seeking a Social Media Strategist to focus on video publishing strategy for some of BuzzFeed’s most beloved brands including across YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. This position will use data to inform decisions and will collaborate closely with operations and video producers to ensure that our content is being released in the most optimal way across all video platforms.
The ideal candidate is obsessed with both publishers and content creators particularly on YouTube as well as other platforms and would be able to understand and summarize how and why certain videos blow up — where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
The ideal candidate is able to navigate a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with efficiency and maturity. We’re looking for a rockstar who is naturally organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all things BuzzFeed — someone who is a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills.
This is a full-time salaried position in our Los Angeles office. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
- Plan, implement, schedule, publish and analyze video and distributed content releases and schedules across multiple YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts (BuzzFeedVideo, Cocoa Butter, and BuzzFeed Unsolved Network)
- Completely and wholly owns their initiatives from a publishing point-of-view; has all the answers and if they don’t, they will own finding the answer.
- Establishes a consultative relationship with stakeholders, including executives.
- Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple social media channels.
- Acts as an advisor for new initiatives; a respected thought leader to help teams throughout the company crack new content areas and formats.
- Has the foresight to anticipate issues in workflow or content performance and present manager with possible actionable solutions. Able to think outside the day-to-day to find creative scalable solutions (i.e.: work smarter not harder).
- Use knowledge of online video to present our videos in the most shareable way, helping them to have the biggest reach and impact
- 1-3 years of experience online writing/editing/curating on the web
- Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
- Deep enthusiasm for experimenting with content and strategy to optimize for key metrics
- Knowledge of the online video ecosystem
- Previous experience working in social for Black identity content/accounts is a plus
- Native YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Reddit user
- Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect a video’s performance
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Must have excellent writing skills
- Responds to a fluctuating workload with a positive attitude and is always ready to tackle new challenges!
- Ability to handle multiple priorities - a tireless work ethic never hurts!
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We’d also like you to share 3-5 links to videos posted on any BuzzFeed YouTube channel (published within the last year) that you think did really well and explain why.
- Provide links to your social media accounts or personal blog
- Attach a resume
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Engineering Manager, Machine Learning - Relevance and P...
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States