Senior Product Manager, HuffPost
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles, New York, , Minneapolis, San Francisco, or Washington, DC
The social news and entertainment company.
About BuzzFeed & HuffPost
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet. BuzzFeed’s portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, HuffPost, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved, to name a few.
In 2021, BuzzFeed acquired HuffPost, a leading source of news and commentary for the most diverse and connected generation ever. HuffPost believes in putting people before power and telling the stories that too often go unheard, from the voices that matter. With this acquisition, BuzzFeed reached an unrivaled scale, engagement and cultural impact.
We’re looking for an experienced product manager to grow our global HuffPost consumer-facing experiences. This includes our HuffPost site and app. You will have a passion for news, leading a team to launch and improve impactful products. You will define a strategy to grow, retain, and monetize our news audience while improving on the experience we have today. You will report to the Director of Product for News.
- You will partner closely with the Product Director for News, HuffPost PDE leadership (product, design and engineering), HuffPost newsroom leadership, and BuzzFeed technology leadership to develop and execute on the strategy and roadmap for HuffPost.
- Your responsibility over the HuffPost experience will span the global HuffPost consumer-facing products which includes HuffPost.com, the HuffPost App, and our Google AMP, Facebook Instant Articles, and Apple News pages.
- You will be responsible for understanding how people are using HuffPost products and how to achieve business success by meeting user needs.
- You will set OKRs, define the roadmap, write project plans, prioritize the team’s work, and communicate and coordinate the team’s plans with partners within and outside of the newsroom.
- Experienced: You have 4+ years of hands-on experience launching and managing digital products, ideally for a news consumer experience.
- Collaborative and communicative: You have an ability to work well and communicate with engineers, designers, and data scientists — experience working with journalists and business partners is a plus.
- Curious and analytical: You are proficient in data and insights. You regularly size opportunities and don’t merely accept outliers in data, but actively investigate and dive into the numbers and research to find novel insights and new product ideas.
- Comfortable in the spotlight: You will need to work with and help influence senior leaders across the company to promote the team’s vision and product strategy in a complex problem space.
- User focused: You have a deep empathy for user problems and use this to identify solutions to enhance and improve their experience
- Passion for journalism: You have a passion for journalism and believe in the mission of HuffPost.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.