IT Systems and Security Engineer
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, or San Francisco
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
We are hiring an IT Enterprise Platforms Engineer with at least 3 years of experience in an IT engineering environment. You will play a key role for BuzzFeed’s IT team, which enables employees worldwide to produce content securely wherever they are. As part of the Enterprise Platforms & Security team, you will report to the Enterprise Platforms Team Lead, and you’ll maintain IT infrastructure, internal platforms, and security across the company. The BuzzFeed environment relies on web-based services, and our infrastructure is quite unique; you will work with new and interesting technologies.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who understands IT enterprise systems and how they are connected. You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code and detailed documentation, and you will provide the team with both the knowledge and skills to support and grow existing capabilities. This will involve many challenges and continual improvements in a growing environment.
We are an evolving, result oriented, and motivated global IT organization with ownership over a portfolio that provides direct value to people across many teams. You will have a rare opportunity to join us in bringing modern solutions to the media space.
- Architect, design, develop and deploy Python microservices that serve millions of readers in a DevOps manner.
- Deploy infrastructure while using an infrastructure as code mentality - Terraform/Ansible.
- Design, code, test, and document systems and services to automate solutions within your team’s domain.
- Move and sync data between SaaS and identity apps by building integrations and using existing APIs (provisioning/deprovisioning).
- Be a technical leader and a valued contributor in a dynamic, autonomous, and diverse agile team.
- Work with motivated teams and engineers throughout the company to accomplish common goals.
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks.
- Mastered multiple programming languages, such as Python, Java, and Bash, at a level where you can not only code and troubleshoot, but also design reliable and scalable solutions.
- A sense of being comfortable with git, GitHub, and version control.
- Familiarity with AWS - EC2, S3, IAM, VPCs, Route 53.
- Used Docker/containerization at scale and are familiar with architecting and deploying microservices.
- Worked with automation and building continuous integration pipelines, using CI/CD systems such as Jenkins.
- You work with LDAP, AD, SSO solutions, and understand the importance of Identity Access Management strategy for the enterprise.
- You have a passion for technology and a constant desire to learn.
- A love for working in an environment where you constantly experiment and iterate quickly.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.