BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
We are looking to hire a Finance Manager with excellent organizational and analytical skills. Finance Managers are expected to be detail-oriented, knowledgeable on statistics, have strong problem-solving skills, and an investigative nature.
To ensure success, Finance Managers should have a deep commercial awareness, strong numeracy skills, and a keen interest in the growth, efficiency, and profitability of an organization. Top candidates will have outstanding communication and report writing skills with superb technical ability and fantastic negotiation skills.
- Complete financial reports, lead the month-end closing process and conduct monthly financial forecast
- Plan, organize, and execute financial tasks and projects of the organization
- Cooperate with Director of Finance to develop and implement plans for budgeting, forecasting, and reporting
- Cooperate with Director of Finance to provide regular periodic financial reporting to Board of Directors and shareholders
- Build and maintain internal control processes
- Manage and monitor metrics, KPI tracking, and reports
- Guarantee compliance with financial laws and guidelines
- Recognize patterns in company spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem area
- Self-motivated, good team player and being flexible
- Report to Director of Finance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a finance manager at MNC preferred
- In-depth knowledge of accounting software, corporate principals and financial analysis
- Familiar with J-GAAP
- People-oriented and results-driven professional
- Self-starter who can adapt quickly and manage multiple projects in a constantly changing environment
- Media / Entertainment or online marketing industry experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- An analytical mind with good organizational skills
- Good leadership skills
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office and other financial planning software
- Language skill : Japanese (Native), English (Business Level)
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program specifically tailored to local markets, including PTO, sick leave, family leave, and much more
- An office stocked with plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Help the world share their story