BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is searching for dependable Stagehands to join our Creative and Studio Services team. The Stagehand’s responsibilities include setting up and testing lighting and other equipment, assisting cast and crew with understanding stage use expectations, and making adjustments to sets.
To be successful as a Stagehand, you should enjoy working with your hands and be prepared to learn new skills on the job. Outstanding candidates are self-starters with a can-do attitude and excellent attention to detail.
- Move, set up, and test lighting, sound, props, and other equipment according to set requirements.
- Assemble production rigging and support structures and breaking them down when the production is over.
- Inspect lighting, sound, and other equipment, and ensure that everything is plugged into the correct power source.
- Build and decorate sets, and make set adjustments when necessary.
- Perform a variety of maintenance tasks to ensure stages are safe.
- Ensure all signs and posted policies are visible within the stages and adhered to during productions.
- Sweep the stage between productions and report any unsatisfactory resets to stage management.
- Run errands when required.
- Experience in one or more of the following categories:
- Carpentry or construction
- Electrical distribution
- Film rigging
- Film lighting
- Production assistance
- An ability to collaborate with others.
- An ability to focus and follow instructions to meet deadlines.
- A desire to constantly expand your skills and knowledge of production work.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Tech Jobs For You
Food Safety and Quality Control Superintendent
Home Chef, 2200 Lithonia Industrial Blvd. Lithonia, GA 30058