BuzzFeed is seeking a Social Media Intern to join its team in New York immediately. This person will primarily provide administrative and editorial support for the BuzzFeed social media team.
The ideal candidate is organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media, the internet, news and all things BuzzFeed. We're looking for a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgment and communication skills. Do you love memes? Good. Do you love keeping up with the news? Even better. Do you love looking at data to spot trends? Great. Are you a combination of all those things? Well, why haven’t you applied already?
This is a full-time paid intern position in our New York office starting immediately.
- Assist BuzzFeed social editors with scheduling posts and finding/creating content across platforms, especially Twitter and Facebook.
- Read and watch BuzzFeed content and find creative ways to adapt stories and videos to new platforms.
- Monitor the internet for fun trending news opportunities, search for things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet.
- Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple social media channels.
- Proven organizational and administrative experience.
- Understanding of social platforms and messaging apps (especially Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram), and why content on those platforms became popular.
- Ability to view data and pull key takeaways and spot trends.
- An avid user of Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- A genuine love for and excitement about the internet. No haters!
- Include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position, and what your favorite BuzzFeed social page is and why. No formal cover letters, please.
- Describe/create 3-5 examples of content you’d think our social audience would enjoy (hint: think visually with social sharing in mind).
- Provide links to your public social media accounts.
- Attach a resume. (You would be surprised.)
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Principal Intelligence Analyst
CB Insights, New York
Multicultural Video Producer, Beauty and Style
BuzzFeed, New York
Freelance Writer, Austin
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group - Austin
BuzzFeed, New York; Los Angeles; Washington, DC; San Francisco
Domain Expert, New Grad
Dataminr, New York, NY
Freelance Writer, Berlin
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group - Berlin