Lead Creative Producer, Branded Video
This role reports into the Sr. Executive Producer and serves as both a creative thought-leader within BuzzFeed Branded Video as well as manager to an assigned team of Writers, Directors, and Creative Producers. This role will efficiently execute compelling short and long form video content that both elevates the BuzzFeed brand and helps the sponsoring party achieve their marketing objectives. This role provides creative direction, data driven strategic thinking, and high-level production/post production oversight, to ensure that team members are creating content that elevates both BuzzFeed and the sponsoring brand. They also manage their assigned teams interpersonal and professional growth.
- Manage and provide leadership supports for their team in the execution of branded videos (conceptualizing/writing, production/execution, post-production and distribution).
- Oversee projects within assigned brand vertical, as well as any other category assignment exceptions.
- Work collaboratively with other creative leaders to translate client RFP’s, and quickly determine best creative solution and direction within the BuzzFeed ecosystem.
- Problem solve with Sales and Client Services team when out of process, or out of the ordinary circumstances arise.
- Maintain oversight on all deliverables (pitches, treatments, video cuts, etc.) while always giving final approval at treatment and edit phase.
- Work with writers and creative producers to ensure initial ideas are in line with brand objectives, maintain BF brand voice/ethos and can be executed within budget.
- Work closely with Physical Production team to ensure all production resources and budgets are in balance with the creative vision of all video productions.
- Pitch directly to or proactively present/brainstorm with clients in person, or over the phone, while representing BuzzFeed creative perspective at large, or the teams already developed work.
- Manage direct reports career growth, setting and reviewing determined individual goals.
- Provide direct reports with real time constructive feedback when necessary.
- Perform mid and end of year reviews for all direct reports.
- Manage weekly team meetings, providing high level updates and assuring they are up to speed on all necessary business, department, and team communications
- Attend daily Stand Up meetings with Sr. Executive Producer to provide any relevant updates and feedback.
- Schedule regular 1:1’s with all direct reports to provide individual coaching, or address/accumulate feedback.
- Step in or partner with Sr. Executive Producer on select department initiatives.
- Serve as an example and model of leadership, enthusiasm, professionalism, and empathy across all teams.
- 5 + years experience working predominantly in video for major brands, required
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Creatively persuasive and client-facing
- Experienced in leading a team of creatives
- Strong background in conceptual, creatively strategic, and visual thinking
- Reel available for writing/directing of multiple digital platforms and formats
- Ability to rapidly execute in an environment with tight timelines, and multiple projects at a time
- Self-starting, solution-oriented approach and ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced and fluid environment, as well as situations of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Extremely thorough, high level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for interfacing at various levels, especially with both creative and technical partners
- Innovative thinking and an entrepreneurial mindset/vision a must
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Freelance Writer, Seattle
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group
Freelance Adaptations Editor
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
Freelance Writer, Dallas
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group - Dallas
Assistant Photo Producer
Everlane, San Francisco, CA
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL
BuzzFeed, Sao Paulo