BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed/HuffPost…the social news and entertainment company provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web.
We are looking for a Senior Client Partner with a passion for social content-driven advertising and marketing inclusive of native display, programmatic, content partnerships and data.
You have experience in digital/publisher media and a proven track record within sales. You are able to work within a strong team culture while being independent in managing business. You also have effective collaboration, negotiation, and customer service skills. You thrive in an entrepreneurial learning environment that will allow you to quickly get up to speed on our products and begin generating revenue.
This is a fixed-term maternity cover running through June 2022.
- Pitch renewal business & seek to find new lines of business in order to generate growth amongst existing clients
- Creatively build a pipeline and maintain a high level of activity
- Prepare for and manage business meetings with clients ranging from agency-level to C-level clients
- Develop a sales strategy and business plan for generating revenue through premium direct sales to brands and agencies as well as RFP agency business
- Host online, phone, in-person presentations, and client entertainment
- Utilise extensive knowledge of assigned clients, including their internal structure, agency partners, etc. to uncover new opportunities for revenue
- Expert on social media, programmatic, content marketing, mobile and digital video
- Minimum 3 years of previous digital media & sales experience combined
- Demonstrated an ability to creatively problem solve revenue generating solutions/products/strategies to answer client business challenges
- Previous experience successfully driving revenue through prospecting, discovery, pitching, closing and renewing business
- Intellectual curiosity, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal partner teams while being independent in managing your business
- Outstanding communications skills including negotiation skills and exemplary consultative selling skills.
- Experience navigating the internet and social platforms
- A desire to learn and adapt in an ever changing industry
Bonus: A background in News/Publisher sales focusing on selling programmatic display and editorial sponsorships
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.