Post Production Assistant Editor (Project Based)
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles or New York
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for an Assistant Video Editor to join either our our Los Angeles or NYC Post-Production team in a project-based capacity. We’re looking for someone who has the ability to prep and conform content at a professional level on a large variety of projects.
- Ingesting, Transcoding, Logging, organizing, and archiving footage
- Keep detailed logs on footage, ingests, and preps
- Prepare and assemble string outs, apply markers, create short-form content
- Assist Editors and Producers with workflow knowledge and tasks to streamline the Post-Production process
- Give feedback on and help improve digital only production workflows
- Assist with Post Equipment Pickup/Drop Offs and Runs, delivering to producers and editors from the office
- Work both remote and on site from the NY or LA campus
- Collaborate with editors in trafficking, assessing and editing incoming footage
- Assist Post-Production Coordinators in the management of assets and production materials
- Support communication between Production and Post-Production teams
- 2+ years working in a professional environment
- Working knowledge of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro (preferred NLE), Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects as well as 3rd party software
- Comfortable working with most video codecs, formats, timecode formats, and transcoding
- Comfortable sharing feedback within a small team environment
- Detail-oriented, technical, and open to new ideas
- Can complete tasks autonomously and sometimes follow detailed instruction
- Work at at a consistent pace while effectively multitasking
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
- Working knowledge of Post Production and Production process and equipment
- Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
- Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
- Experience with DaVinci Resolve or Adobe Audition for color and sound finishing a plus
- Experience behind a camera and knowledge of lighting and sound design a plus
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.