Senior Software Engineer (Web), HuffPost
BuzzFeed, New York
The social news and entertainment company.
About BuzzFeed & HuffPost
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet. BuzzFeed’s portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, HuffPost, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved, to name a few.
In 2021, BuzzFeed acquired HuffPost, a leading source of news and commentary for the most diverse and connected generation ever. HuffPost believes in putting people before power and telling the stories that too often go unheard, from the voices that matter. With this acquisition, BuzzFeed’s scale, engagement and cultural impact will be unrivaled.
- Senior Software Engineer, working on the HuffPost Engineering Team within the BuzzFeed Tech organization, with a primary focus on building software serving HuffPost content to readers across the world.
- The team consists of 3-5 engineering team members, and works closely with the HuffPost design team. The team is based in NYC, with a majority of team members working remotely part or full-time (even pre-pandemic).
- The team is small and works collaboratively with the rest of the Product, Design and Engineering organization at HuffPost. This role will provide opportunities to influence roadmap and decision-making, as well as team process.
- This team has delivered election apps, full redesigns and will have a focus on performance improvement in the coming months.
- You’ll focus on the frontend vision and implementation of our rendering applications, with attention to performance, maintainability, and user experience
- You’ll contribute to the maintenance and improvement of its supporting backend system.
- You are a passionate and empathetic engineer who enjoys contributing to and leading technical projects and working with engineers at all levels
- You value testing, instrumenting and documenting your work
- You adapt quickly to change and love to ship and iterate, building on new user research, insights and data
- You are a senior web engineer who is excited to build software in the world of digital journalism that reaches the eyes of millions of people around the world.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.