VP, SEC Reporting and Accounting Policy
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles or New York
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is currently looking for a VP, SEC Reporting and Accounting Policy with exceptional communication, writing and reporting skills. The VP, SEC Reporting and Accounting Policy will be responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance with SEC requirements as well as other newly emerging FASB and regulatory requirements. The VP, SEC Reporting and Accounting Policy will be responsible for the preparation of SEC filings including financial statements and footnote disclosures, MD&A, and accounting policy memos. The role will report into the SVP, Global Controller.
The ideal candidate is comfortable in a dynamic environment, will bring energy and passion and will not be afraid to roll up their sleeves to tackle challenging assignments.
- Prepare 10-Q, 10-K, and other SEC filings including preparation and review of cash flows, statement of stockholders equity, footnotes and supporting workpapers in coordination with Finance and Accounting
- Develop, drive and maintain processes for external financial reporting, including coordination with external auditors to delivery timely financial statements
- Work closely with Investor Relations to help create quarterly earnings releases and review external communications
- Monitor pending accounting pronouncements, analyze impact, if any, to disclosures, and provide proactive benchmarking of disclosure practices to management
- Assess and conduct research on US GAAP and SEC Interpretive Releases, preparing position papers and amending reporting process accordingly
- Serve as an internal technical accounting resource for the operating businesses to support key new or non-standard transactions and initiatives
- Work with finance on the valuation of equity based awards and account for the Company’s equity compensation plans
- Participate and actively own elements of Sarbanes-Oxley process, particularly in coordination with process owners
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- Minimum of 12 years of experience, including preferably 5 years with a Big 4 accounting firm and relevant financial reporting experience
- SEC reporting experience
- Fluent in US GAAP and SEC Reporting guidelines
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and SOX controls
- Ability to perform within tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Must be comfortable working both independently and in a team environment
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.