Affiliate Growth & Distribution Manager
BuzzFeed, New York
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for an agile, analytical, self-starter to join their growing affiliate team. The ideal candidate is adaptable & flexible to change, comfortable pulling & analyzing data to inform strategy decisions, and has a natural motivation to learn. This is a hybrid role, focusing on both social marketing initiatives, as well as retail analytics & strategy.
In this role, you will be creating, managing, and optimizing internal and external facing distribution campaigns, analyzing reports to surface optimization or growth opportunities, and working cross-functionally to develop test partnerships to grow our organic distribution channels.
This position will be based in our New York office.
- Oversee set up & implementation of paid distribution campaigns for a variety of verticals and markets
- Provide actionable recommendations based on performance, and communicate immediate business growth opportunities to relevant stakeholders
- Provide weekly and monthly pacing reports to track performance of client and internal funded campaigns and deliver strategic recommendations and areas of growth potential based on report findings
- Work in tandem with the affiliate team to identify potential risks or areas of growth in client programs
- Stay up to date on new and emerging social platforms/commerce trends and first-to-market opportunities
- Ability to surface new partnership opportunities to grow our current distribution network
- Forge strong relationships with external partners to co-create conversion optimized ad products and develop a reputation for innovation and efficiency
- 3-4 years experience in media/marketing. Analytical experience preferred
- Experience working in a cross functional role touching affiliate, social media marketing, ecommerce, and retail analytics
- Highly proficient in social media marketing. FB Ads Manager knowledge required
- Strong understanding of performance marketing tactics and metrics used to evaluate success
- Experience creating and presenting reports in Excel
- Strong written, analytical, and verbal communications skills is a must
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Keynote, and Photoshop tools
- A passion for retail and identifying consumer behavior trends is a plus!
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
A monthly box of dog goodies
Tech Jobs For You
Staff Site Reliability Engineer, Monitoring
Okta, US Remote East Coast; US Remote West Coast; US Remote Cen...