BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
We are hiring Video Tech Ops Engineers with at least 3 years of experience in hybrid IT & Video engineering environments. You will help to build and support our video environment including our video content creators with Live Broadcasts, Production, Post Production and other video-focused technology needs. We help run our internal studios where we write, direct, and produce BuzzFeed content (News, Entertainment, Branded and Live video). We are looking for smart, skilled, passionate self-starters to join our growing team.
You will play a key role for BuzzFeed’s IT team, which enables employees worldwide to produce content wherever they are and distribute it world-wide securely. You will provide the team with both the knowledge and skills to support and grow existing capabilities. This will involve many challenges and continual improvements in a growing environment.
We are an evolving, result oriented, and motivated global IT organization with ownership over a portfolio that provides direct value to people across many teams. This role offers a rare opportunity to join us in bringing modern solution to the media space.
- Have ongoing collaboration with video content creation teams to provide technology solutions to meet their scaling/growing needs globally.
- Define, research, and implement hardware, software and cloud based video technology.
- Help troubleshoot and resolve video technology problems and support escalated video technology requests.
- Be a technical leader within the team and work to continually improve the team and support colleagues.
- Move and sync data between SaaS apps and datastores by building integrations and using existing APIs.
- Manage and support on-prem/remote production solutions, including underlying networking and infrastructure.
- Advanced knowledge of Apple hardware and related software (OS X / macOS + iOS Devices, Jamf).
- You are comfortable with multiple programming and scripting languages, such as Python, Java, and Bash.
- Experience with live video production (RTMP), audio/video signal path, and post production processes.
- Familiarity with web platforms for video transmission and delivery.
- Strong understanding of video standards including codecs, resolutions, aspect ratios (H.264, ProRes/QuickTime, Web Formats).
- Ability to setup and support file transfer servers, platforms, and services including NAS devices, SAN, Signiant/Aspera during their entire lifecycle.
- Fundamental understanding of networking and IP-based data transmission.
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback gracefully.
- Familiarity working within an Agile environment.
- AWS Experience, preferably managing EC2, S3 and Glacier.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Familiarity with Cisco and Fortinet infrastructure.
- Familiarity with remote virtual post-production tools (BeBop, VMware Horizon).
- You have a passion for technology and a constant desire to learn.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
The best bed for better sleep