BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is seeking a creative and energetic communications coordinator with strong writing skills to join the team in New York. The communications coordinator will join a Global PR team that supports all divisions of BuzzFeed, and will support projects across BuzzFeed Entertainment which includes BuzzFeed.com, BuzzFeed Video, BuzzFeed Studios; world class news divisions BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; and BuzzFeed Business, Tech and Internal Communications.
The coordinator will work across the team on internal and external projects -- researching and pitching story ideas; developing written materials including media lists, press coverage reports, newsletters, and powerpoints; social strategies for Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and more. This team member will support strategic Internal Communications and Culture initiatives, which includes bringing BuzzFeed’s core values of Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging to life through all communications. The coordinator will also assist the team administratively as needed.
We are looking for a self-starter who can execute and communicate clearly and effectively with stakeholders. The communications coordinator should be someone who is inspired by what BuzzFeed produces every day, loves writing, wants to learn media relations and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
The role will be based in New York and report to the Director of Communications, with parallel reporting into team leadership. This is a unique opportunity for an entry level professional to immerse themselves in all aspects of Communications across the business -- corporate, news, entertainment, trade, consumer and internal -- and can be a path for long term growth within the organization or the communications field.
- Collaborate with all Communications team members on projects across the company including BuzzFeed Entertainment, BuzzFeed Studios, BuzzFeed News, HuffPost, Tech, Business, Internal Communications and Culture and more
- Track and compile press coverage and media mentions across digital, print and broadcast for daily reports and weekly newsletters distributed to the company
- Build out press lists for key projects and initiatives, as well as strategically update internal press documents and trackers
- Write and pitch press materials including pitches, press releases and messaging points
- Support internal communications programs including monthly Global All Hands; Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging initiatives; employee engagement programs; BuzzFeed’s intranet and internal newsletters
- Research and coordinate external speaking engagements and award submissions
- Provide administrative support to the communications team as needed, including managing finances, expenses and planning
- 1-2 years of experience in media, tech or PR (we are looking for someone with an understanding of the media landscape -- tell us what you read & where you get news!)
- Proven written and copy editing skills
- Strong work ethic, motivation and attention to detail are necessary to succeed in this role
- Collaborative and energetic spirit
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle multiple tasks, follow tight deadlines, and handle confidential or time-sensitive scenarios
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Digital design and/or Adobe Photoshop experience a plus
- Familiarity with clipping services and media databases (i.e. Cision, Critical Mention, TV Eyes)
- Passion for the media industry, journalism, social media, digging into trends, and an affinity for content creation
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.