Senior Creative Producer, Fixed Term
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Senior Creative Producer to join the Branded Creative team in Los Angeles to help pitch, write, and direct branded content for our BuzzFeed audience. Reporting to our Branded Supervising Producer, this content-creation role will require collaboration with the wider team to develop BuzzFeed content for advertising partners.
We're looking for someone inspired and energetic who loves creating exciting branded work and can speak authentically to the BuzzFeed audience. Our growing team is at the forefront of an incredibly exciting global shift in advertising, and we’re looking for people who are both creative and strategic and can help us jump to the next level.
This is a fixed-term position through May 2022.
- Write pitches, treatments, and scripts for exciting and shareable branded BuzzFeed videos. We’re talking about stuff like this, this, and this.
- Direct a range of videos, from short form TikToks/IG Stories to long form pieces like this, this, and this.
- Collaborate with a Creative Director on each program to determine the best ideas and products to pitch to a brand.
- Contribute to Creative meetings and brainstorm sessions, thinking creatively about fresh new formats and products.
- Pitch ideas, both internally and directly to clients — this could include writing a formal pitch or verbally bringing your idea to life in an in-person meeting alongside your Creative Director.
- Collaborate with our Sales and Client Service Management teams to ensure the brand’s needs are met.
- Juggle projects across multiple teams, providing exceptional work every time.
- 2–3 years of experience writing and producing content online and are comfortable creating content for the BuzzFeed audience.
- A passion for directing, whether it's making a trending TikTok format, a classic talking head video, or larger commercial and storytelling pieces.
- A commitment to hiring diverse and inclusive crews.
- A reel available for writing/directing that includes multiple digital platforms and formats.
- Experience collaborating on identity-specific projects such as our Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, and LGBTQ content, as well as making engaging content for millennials and Gen Z.
- Experience leading a crew and collaborating with internal stakeholders.
- The ability to be an adaptable team player, who can keep up with the demands of ever-changing media and our ever-evolving slate of products (video, Instagram, TikTok, listicles, quizzes…)
- An interest in and deep knowledge of internet culture, including experience producing work for a variety of platforms and social networks.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation and benefits package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.