BuzzFeed is seeking an experienced product expert that can set the overall product vision, execute at the highest level in a dynamic environment, hire and mentor a high performance team and develop a strong product-culture within BuzzFeed. The role will report directly to BuzzFeed’s VP of Product, Jinen Kamdar, and will work cross-functionally to build world-class products. This senior leader will partner closely with Engineering, Design, and Data Science to help develop and optimize product development processes. He/she will also be among the senior most internal advocates for the product organization and their initiatives.
- Take full ownership of BuzzFeed’s evolving consumer product set including web, mobile, commerce, and more.
- Advance BuzzFeed’s product roadmap to support near and long-term business objectives and commercial growth.
- Organize, build and scale the product team while creating a culture focused on producing excellent products and experiences for consumers.
- Collaborate with senior BuzzFeed leadership to define and prioritize goals for the product organization.
- Serve as a great and focused process manager, combining creativity with flawless execution.
- You have a minimum of 7 years of product management leadership experience within the consumer Internet and mobile space.
- You have record of building and bringing great consumer products to market that have achieved significant scale and commercial success.
- You are adept at building mobile products for Android and iOS.
- You are a strong leader and mentor, who has managed product and design organizations at scale.
- You are competent and comfortable with recruiting A+ talent.
- You have experience operating and thriving in a high-growth start-up environment.
- You have an intuitive sense of where and when to use data to drive product decisions.
- You possess a strong technical understanding of BuzzFeed’s products and the ability to work effectively with the engineering team.
- You are well-versed in agile development environments and comfortable with continuous deployment.
As the leading independent digital media company, BuzzFeed is redefining how media connects and informs millions of people globally. We are responsible for helping people understand the world, connecting them with friends, family, and peers, and expanding their minds by exposing them to ideas, cultures, and experiences they wouldn’t have encountered on their own.
We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1600 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like endless office snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build products that help connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Manager, Fraud & Payment
Product Manager - Desktop Experience
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Group Product Manager
TripAdvisor, San Francisco, CA
Digital Product Designer
Brown Bag Marketing, Atlanta
Lead Product Designer
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Product Manager - Growth
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo