BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for an agile, self-starter to join a growing affiliate team. The ideal candidate has a solutions-oriented mindset, is a natural problem solver, and is comfortable producing actionable reports and analytics for affiliate, retail or ecommerce teams.
As an Affiliate Manager, you will be responsible for managing routine partner management communications. Affiliate Managers produce weekly reports for paid affiliate partner campaigns, and routinely surface optimization opportunities to both internal and external teams.
This position can be based near our New York or LA offices.
- Serve as a point of contact for prospective and active paid affiliate partners
- Work alongside affiliate account managers to help build and maintain successful paid affiliate programming
- Partner with the BuzzFeed editorial team to identify areas for campaign optimization, new placements opportunities, and emerging partners of interest
- Manage an on-going editorial production schedule while also monitoring the success of paid partner programs once live
- Leverage learnings and insights from our paid and organic affiliate business to identify opportunities for new and existing brands whose performance signals potential for growth
- Oversee external partner communications for campaigns including execution, optimization, and reporting
- Work closely with affiliate and sales team leads to maintain prospecting pipelines for inbound partnerships, paid placements targets, and seasonal initiatives
- 3+ years of experience in a fast-paced, analytical, or client-facing role.
- Experience within a cross-functional role that touches affiliate, retail management, e-commerce management, consumer acquisition, merchandising and/or editorial strategy.
- Have a general knowledge of media, publishing or e-commerce industries with application to publisher e-commerce business objectives; an ability to layer that knowledge to produce meaningful insights, counsel and planning for our partners’ business objectives
- A strong track record of executing successful collaborations across internal and external teams, with the purpose of achieving either client or internal business goals
- An ability to multitask and work on complex, production extensive programs with proven success of driving new client acquisition, retention and growth
- Experience with managing reports or report exports in excel; familiarity with google suite documents and programs
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.