Production Coordinator - Live & Special Projects (Project Based)
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed Video is searching for a resourceful Production Coordinator to bring their production and organizational skills to the LA office. We are looking for a smart, skilled, passionate self-starter that can work seamlessly across departments.
You will be based in our Los Angeles office, a super collaborative work environment. This is a freelance opportunity.
- Oversee multiple, simultaneous productions and timelines for assigned video teams
- Oversee production throughout each project’s lifespan; from planning to wrap
- Support creative producers and handle assigned tasks and responsibilities
- Review and provide feedback on production timelines
- Track and submit production budgets as needed
- Oversee and actualize given budgets
- Source and book freelance production crews
- Research negotiate rates for shoot locations and studios
- Book equipment and stages for assigned teams and projects
- Build and coordinate lifestream run-downs and call sheets
- Manage, order, and ship props and products
- Prepare and share start paperwork, production schedules, call sheets, and releases
- Manage on-set operations, talent coordination, and shoot schedules
- Process payroll, permits, talent vouchers, reimbursement, and check request paperwork for submission to Accounting
- Process, track, and report production wrap books and expenses
- Train and oversee coordinators and support staff as needed
- Collaborate to develop and improve upon production resources, processes, and responsibilities
- Must have 4 years of production experience
- Prefer 2-3 years of production management experience
- Impeccable time management skills, ability to multi-task / prioritize projects with sensitive deadlines
- Ability to work in high pressure, fast paced production environment
- Knowledge of Production and Operations best practices
- Proficient in budgeting and scheduling
- Ability to adapt to last-minute changes in schedules/plans
- Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously across multiple teams and projects.
- Experience sourcing and hiring freelancers
- Willingness to learn production management software/tools/databases
- Experience producing live and/or remote video productions
- Experience with Movie Magic Budgeting, Smartstart, and Airtable
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
The best bed for better sleep