BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is hiring an IT Specialist in our brand new London office. We’re looking for a well-rounded support technician to provide stellar end-user support including the setup and deployment of hardware and software we support. The position will work together with the existing international IT team and stakeholders. You will need to have strong computer (hardware, software, networking) and interpersonal skills.
Working with BuzzFeed employees around the world, this upbeat and engaged IT Specialist will ensure employees can do their jobs efficiently. You will also work on projects, as assigned, to make the IT team’s and BuzzFeed employees' lives easier from a technology standpoint.
You should have experience troubleshooting computer hardware, software, email and network issues. Being able to provide great customer service is equally as important--you’ve got to love the people you help and love what you do. You must be a go-getter.
This position reports to the IT Manager.
- Provide internal helpdesk support for BuzzFeed employees
- Respond to, record, track, and close tickets through help desk/problem management software--detail is essential
- Assist with evolving internal IT wiki page--documentation is king!
- Provision computers (mainly Mac OS X but some Windows machines) for employees
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software or network issues that end-users are having
- Troubleshoot and support current A/V setup for video conferencing (includes Cisco Codecs, and Google Meet)
- Partner with the other members of the IT team to provide support and enforce IT policies
- Must be customer-focused and personable
- Have pride in work.
- Will be asked to tackle issues independently but also work with the rest of the IT team and its stakeholders.
- Proficient in both following and creating documentation for the rest of team
- Proven ability to use the tools at hand to research and resolve problems
- Candidate should have previous experience assisting employees in a video production environment
- Ability to troubleshoot Mac OS X and software issues
- Ability to troubleshoot Windows issues
- Ability to troubleshoot Google Workspace issues
- Experience setting up video conferencing systems (Google Meet, Cisco... etc.)
- A general knowledge of networking concepts
- At least 2 years experience as an IT Specialist or related position in an office environment
- Familiarity with JAMF Pro
- Familiarity with networking hardware from Meraki
- Familiarity with Okta SSO
- Familiarity and understanding or Agile and JIRA
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program specifically tailored to local markets, including PTO, sick leave, family leave, and much more
- An office stocked with plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!