Commerce Data Analyst
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles, New York, or Remote
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. We produce articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
The Business and Content Analytics team focuses on growing and engaging BuzzFeed's audiences across distributed platforms. The team is data-driven and focused on delivering recommendations to partners. We are looking for an experienced analyst who excels at the intersection of data, creativity, and business.
You have a technical background with a disciplined approach to data quality and experience performing analytics on large datasets. You are excited to push our affiliate technology forward while ensuring ethical and thoughtful data decisions are made.
You will work full-time as part of the Business and Content Analytics team with members in Los Angeles, New York, and remote. Your team will be remote first with optional in-person offices in New York and Los Angeles (General return to office plans are delayed until at least January 2022).
- Use Advanced SQL to connect a vast network of data & revenue sources to improve insights of what is and is not working. Data is large and in places unstructured, so efficient query practices and a good grip of string parsing is essential.
- Set up alert systems to ensure that data and revenue is flowing appropriately.
- Proactively explore data to find content and product insights, and communicating these insights to the appropriate partners to help make data backed business and content decisions.
- Work with tech and content teams to ensure there is proper data collection for affiliate data.
- Process, clean, and validate the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Produce analytics dashboards (Looker/LookML a plus).
- Work closely with the business & tech teams to provide accurate data sources and informative analysis.
- 2+ years experience with SQL (Preferably BigQuery)
- 1+ years of quantitative or statistical analysis experience
- Process and analyze large data sets, and interpret them to inform decisions
- Clearly explain complex analysis to non-technical teams and experience working with and communicating with multiple different teams
Nice to Have
- Advanced SQL, experience using Materialized Views, Advanced Joins, Partitioning, Window Functions
- Experience with commerce data, (Trackonomics, Amazon, or other 3rd party platforms)
- Experience with Looker/LookML development
- Experience with Python, R, or other scripting languages
- Interest in shopping, internet culture, and digital advertising
- Experience with Git/Version Control
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. We aim to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one