BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a hyper-organized and process-driven Line Producer to oversee logistics and bring organizational skills and inspiring leadership to our Editorial Production team. We are looking for an experienced and passionate self-starter that can work with all departments within Video, including Creatives, Post Production, Legal, Accounting, Studio Operations, etc. This position will be managing a team of coordinators and production managers who run physical production and collaborate with creatives to produce content for our Editorial team managing verticals such as Unsolved, Multiplayer, Bring Me, etc. to name a few.
- Serve as the main point of contact for Supervising and Creative Producers
- Supervise and troubleshoot day-to-day production challenges and appropriately escalate as needed
- Vet creative briefs to build budgets for approval; ensure productions are on budget/on schedule
- Track and actualize budgets for monthly review and approval
- Analyze quarterly budgets for reporting and future quarter projections
- Navigate simultaneous short/long-term projects with consideration of priority
- People Manager with an adaptable mindset, emotional intelligence, and creative problem solving
- Find a balance between creative needs and upholding production’s integrity and process while creative problem solving
- Proactively collaborate with the Supervising Producer and Production Operations teams to reduce bottlenecks and increase efficiency
- Effectively communicate policies and procedures to direct reports and freelance crew
- Committed to sourcing and hiring diverse and inclusive crews and staff positions to best support each project
- Work with production leadership to anticipate future growth needs, help outline strategy and management of workflows
- Work with our Creative Resources team to approve on-campus productions
- Support on set production and remote shoots as needed
- Review and sign off on timecards and talent vouchers for payroll on all projects
- Review first and final cuts of videos to confirm collection of clearances and releases as needed
- Review wrap folders as productions closeout to make sure all documentation is present and submit for approval to Supervising Producer
- Give oversight on or build timelines for productions as needed
- Collaborating with the Studio Ops team on production protocol and logistics
- Hire crew, source gear, secure locations, and process permits as needed
- Assist with updating records on Airtable for Production
- Work with leadership to create structured learning and growth plans for direct reports
- Ensure that crew safety is maintained at all times and adhere to all new safety protocols created in response to COVID 19
- 5+ years of production management experience with a leadership role, ideally focused on unscripted formats
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Production and Operations best practices, process, and protocol
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in accounting paperwork submission and guidelines
- Expertise in budgeting and scheduling
- Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously across multiple teams and projects
- Experience overseeing the hiring process for staff and freelance personnel
- Know how to ask for help, strive for self-improvement, provide constructive criticism, listen and create opportunities for yourself and others
- Expertise in Movie Magic Budgeting, Google Suite, Excel, and EP Timecards.
- Experience with and willingness to learn Airtable and other production management software/tools/databases
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Help the world share their story