BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
At BuzzFeed, the product team works with a variety of disciplines to help build out BuzzFeed’s vision as the most innovative media company in the world. We lead product strategy as well as drive execution. We partner with our product design, data science, engineering, sales, and marketing teams to create delightful ways for people to engage with our quizzes, articles, videos, and news.
We’re now looking for a Product Manager who can help lead the creation of new user-friendly and effective advertising products and tools. Examples of projects you might work on include the development of new ad solutions for our sales team to offer clients, optimizing our programmatic advertising ad stack to maximize revenue per user, and the building of new ad tooling for automated ad operations and distribution tasks.
You’d be joining a well established team that has various levels of existing product and AdTech experience. We’re looking for someone who pairs a passion for digital media with an interest in the world of digital advertising.
- Work side-by-side with an existing ad product team to create and launch new user-friendly ad products that measurably provide value to advertisers.
- Establish and articulate objectives and key results for new ad products and monetizations initiatives - with a focus on programmatic yield optimization.
- Maintain an excellent understanding of the digital media advertising industry, our competitors, and our opportunities to help articulate a forward looking product vision.
- Define, analyze, and report on the key metrics for each product that we launch.
- Lead new product launches and coordinate with product designers, engineers, and colleagues outside of the Tech org throughout the full lifecycle.
- Help to define our ad product roadmap and articulate that across our full team internally and to external partners.
- This is a high-impact role where managing relationships with senior leadership across the company will be critical and this role will be expected to directly impact and manage critical revenue streams for the organization
- At least 2+ years of product management experience in the media or AdTech space, or 5+ years of experience in Technical Ad Operations
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills. Experience with AB Testing frameworks and evaluating complex datasets
- Comfortable managing external and internal relationships and collaborating with senior leadership across the company
- Able to effortlessly balance user experience considerations with advertiser needs
- Fluent moving between technical, design, and business conversations
- Extensive experience with Google Ad Manager - trafficking, troubleshooting, and reporting.
- 3+ years of experience working in AdTech or within Ad Product at a media or platform company
- Exceptional organizational management skills
- An ability to align a team against a mission and guide it towards measurable success
- Extensive experience turning incomplete, ambiguous or unclear inputs into concrete action plans
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
At BuzzFeed, we want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one