BuzzFeed is hiring an experienced HR Business Partner to support BuzzFeed News. As an HRBP, you will partner with company executives, local managers, and employees to provide guidance on topics ranging from talent management and development, compensation, organizational effectiveness and design, employee relations, staffing and office culture.
You'll directly support the HR needs of our growing News division. As we expand into areas like live and on-demand programming, podcasting, distribution and licensing deals and more, we need an HRBP who is well-versed in the excitement (and challenges) of being a modern media company. As such, prior experience in the news and media experience is a strong qualifier for this role.
This is a truly hands-on role with the opportunity to make a real impact on the business. You will be viewed as an expert regarding the development and delivery of competitive HR initiatives to the business while simultaneously managing ongoing programs and tackling daily tasks – all with a healthy dose of humor!
BuzzFeed's People Team is dedicated to ensuring employing satisfaction at all stages of employment - from the first phone screen with a Recruiter, to talent development with an HRBP, and beyond. As part of the broader People Team at BuzzFeed, you'll work with some of the best human resources professionals in the business.
Our News team believes that journalism at its best has an impact on its audience and on the world — whether it’s telling a story that would otherwise go untold, or changing the world at large through public policy.
You'll report to our Director of People and work from our Union Square HQ in NYC with occasional travel to other BuzzFeed offices.
- Offer expert HR guidance to local managers and individuals in areas including talent management, development, and retention; career planning; succession planning; employee relations, organizational design and effectiveness, total rewards, staffing/headcount planning and more
- Serve as counselor and or advocate to employees and management regarding company policies, employee performance, culture/work environment and other issues; resolve conflicts effectively while minimizing legal exposure.
- Collaborate with other People Team members to lead and execute processes that allow for seamless People programs, employee development, and candidate experience.
- Remain current on HR practices along with applicable federal and local legislation and regulations and ensure compliance across your client groups
- Partner with Finance and business leaders to maintain employee headcount and assist with reporting on key metrics.
- 6+ years of significant HR generalist experience advising clients on all types of HR matters; experience in the media or television industries is a huge plus
- Experience managing organizational transformation and change management, especially within a changing media landscape
- Solid business acumen and understanding of US labor laws
- Proficiency in various HR technologies like HCM platforms (we use Workday) as well as general producitvity tools like Google Apps and Slack
- The ability to operate in an extremely fast-moving client group with a high degree of autonomy
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.