Post Production VFX Supervisor (Project Based)
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. We produce articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; original pop culture and entertainment programming through Complex Networks; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
- Work alongside Editors + the Creative teams to generate graphics such as (but not limited to) rotoscoping, compositing, and animation
- Generate custom elements for assigned projects
- Lend expertise and assist with VFX heavy videos
- Occasional pre-production consultations
- Occasional on set consultations for VFX integrations
- Collaborate with Creative teams to create Graphic Specific Content
- Work with Post Ops to organize and maintain VFX SOPs across multiple departments
- Work with Post Coordinators to set timelines + expectations for requested assets
- Work with Art Desk to maintain standards for assets across the Company
- Identify problem areas quickly and pose creative solutions
- Flag and communicate any watch outs with shoots and scope of creative
- Effectively handle a variety of note passes and graphic changes
Part of what makes BuzzFeed a pioneer in digital media is our commitment to exploring new ventures that lead to spreading truth and joy. As such, you may be asked to share your knowledge with your colleagues through presentations or trainings, to screen and interview job candidates, or to take part in recruitment or networking events on behalf of the company.
- 3+ years VFX experience delivering high quality assets in a professional environment
- Link to a portfolio, reel, or to recent work samples.
- Excellent communication, positive attitude for a variety of different projects
- Strong time management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite as well as 3rd party software including but not limited to:
- After Effects, Photoshop, Encoder, Premiere Pro
- Advanced knowledge of Post Production workflows, codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends, including Post-Production and Production equipment
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
- Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
FYI — job descriptions are not a one size fits all, just because you don’t meet every requirement doesn’t mean we don’t want to hear from you. If you think you’d be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
At BuzzFeed, we want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
This position may require you to be in the office or be in close proximity to other employees once our offices fully reopen in 2022.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
The best bed for better sleep