Social Media Associate, Snapchat
BuzzFeed's Snapchat team is dedicated to informing and delighting the unique audience of Snapchat users with engaging content every single day. We’re looking for a Social Media Associate to work full-time out of our LA office that has a genuine passion for what defines success on Snapchat.
This position will collaborate closely with content creators and will use data to ensure that our content is being released in the most optimal way. The ideal candidate is organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all things BuzzFeed. We're looking for a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgment and communication skills.
This job requires 1-3 years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
A knowledge of and passion for DIY, food, entertainment, and pop culture is a major plus!
- Editorialize daily channel edition to achieve metrics goals created by stakeholders
- Partner with video producers, illustrators and writers in LA and NY to create original content and adapt BuzzFeed content to populate a BuzzFeed Discover Channel
- Become an expert in analyzing data and use learnings to inform editorial and content creation strategy
- Articulate learnings and strategy adjustments to key stakeholders regularly
- Partner with the operations team and the data science team to implement strategies and tests
- 1-3 years of experience online writing/editing/curating on the web
- Knowledge and obsession with Snapchat
- Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
- Knowledge of the online video ecosystem
- Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect a video's performance
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Must have excellent writing skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We’d also like you to share 3-5 links to BuzzFeed posts published within the last year that you think did really well on social media, and explain why.
- Provide links to your social media accounts or personal blog
- Attach a resume
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Koch / Köchin / Chef de Partie (m/f)
BuzzFeed, Okinawa, Japan
Jr Shopping and Products Fellow
BuzzFeed, New York
Thrillist, Thrillist - New York, NY
Assistant Photo Producer
Everlane, San Francisco, CA
User Operations Associate - Content Moderation
Yelp, San Francisco, CA