Buzzfeed is seeking a Product Marketing Manager to help bring next generation brand advertising products to market. The team is responsible for developing the narrative for our advertising products and executing against global launch plans to bring new products to market. This role will focus on creative advertising products and help ensure our advertising solutions are driving value, meeting the needs of the creative community and helping to drive better brand ads across our properties. You will help shape ad products- from consumer insights, to competitive analysis, to product positioning and naming, to objectives and metrics, to overall go to market strategy and creative execution.
The successful candidate must have strong experience and knowledge of the brand advertising ecosystem. Ideally, the candidate will have experience within a large media owner or tech company and/or preferably worked closely with creative agencies and media agencies. He or she must be an expert collaborator, skilled at bringing people together, and communicating openly and transparently. Additionally, he/she must be data-driven and knowledgeable about the needs of brand advertisers.
What You’ll Do:
- Build meaningful and easy-to-understand stories out of complex information.
- Lead market assessment, quantitative analysis, qualitative feedback, and represent the voice of the market and customers internally.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the broader social ecosystem and competitive landscape to develop strategic product feedback and positioning.
- Have the ability to understand and utilize a variety of different data to inform decisions.
- Be an expert collaborator who is skilled at bringing people together, and communicating openly and transparently
- Partner with other teams to lead world-class product communications for new brand products.
- Spend time in-market with clients to truly understand the minds and voice of our partners and how to better translate that into everything we do.
- Communicate the value proposition of new products to all go-to-market teams and ensure that sales support materials and packages are created.
- Create new marketing collateral, including product overviews, case studies, keynote decks, fact sheets, playbooks, customer stories, newsletters, videos, and more.
What We’re Looking For:
- You demonstrate passion for consumers, brand and product storytelling, innovative user experiences, as well as have the ability to use insights to inform initiatives that improve the consumer experience and drive habitual behaviors.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in B2B Marketing.
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, or a related field of study..
- Strong project management skills, and the ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional work environment.
- A world-class storyteller with a keen understanding of brand marketing and marketing support services.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience in the production of campaigns, printed collateral presentations, websites, videos, and other marketing materials.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects in response to shifting priorities.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Director, Product Marketing
Dataminr, New York
Director, Publicity - Latin America
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Social Media Director
Casper, New York
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
Consumer PR Manager - Poland & CEE
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Community Expansion Ambassador - South Bay/Peninsula (SF Bay Area)
Yelp, South Bay, CA