BuzzFeed is looking for an experienced, skilled and resourceful jack-of-all trades Video Producer/Editor to execute and deliver branded and franchise content, including ‘Tasty’, ‘Bring Me’, scripted and unscripted custom videos. Applicants should have a technical background in video production and editing, a strong understanding of digital formats, and an obsession with creating shareable viral content. The ideal candidate is a native of the digital and pop culture landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media and emerging technology/platforms.
Candidates should be highly adaptable and skilled at working as a one-man crew – lighting, shooting and editing video content. They will be able to take footage shot by other producers and edit it into a compelling video in record time, and be able to work with writers and creatives to bring scripts and written treatments to life. They will have a deep understanding of the intricacies and nuances for each video format in terms of visual style/pacing and design while also being able to flip and change between projects on a daily basis.
This is a full-time position based in our Sao Paulo office.
- Develop creative concepts that meet the objectives of our prospective partners
- Edit, shoot and produce high quality videos quickly and independently. (70% editing, 30% production)
- Excellent sense of pace and timing, a knowledge for the best ways to grab viewers, and how to tell as story in as little time as possible.
- A love of experimentation.
- Lead new initiatives and own projects with limited supervision.
- Be able to meet quality and performance standards of Branded Tasty videos – this will include cooking food and testing/developing new recipes.
- Keep up with a fast-paced and varied production schedule.
- Keep track of viral trends, create content around them, and analyze the results of your work.
- Assist in coordinating pre-production, production and post production work flow of larger Branded shoots. This may include coordinating freelance production companies and/or editors and ensuring they meet expectations.
- 3-5 years of experience with all forms of video production and editing.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro, Photoshop etc.) and Illustrator Media Encoder and After Effects.
- Knowledge of color correction.
- High level English skills for writing text.
- DSLR cameras (Canon’s and Sony A7S), lighting and sound.
- A moderate understanding of data and growth, and an ability to critically use data to drive decisions.
- Strong passion for food/cooking, understanding of global food culture.
- A team player. Must be able to take direction and collaborate well with others.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently, while keeping a cool head under pressure.
- A scrappy competitive drive -- you enjoy winning and really going for it, no matter what tools you are provided with.
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters).
- Candidates must provide a reel/sample portfolio of work via a web viewing link, with proven experience of creating food content.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.