BuzzFeed Entertainment Group is looking for a Casting Coordinator to support our NY office on reality and scripted projects. This person will build out a database for NY, book talent on multiple projects, post breakdowns and collect submissions, and run on the ground sourcing for up and coming, as well as established talent. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of the digital world as well as casting services including reality casting as well as lists of local and nationwide contacts. MUST be able work in groups of all sizes.
This job is full-time, based in New York, and we offer competitive compensation, perks, and stock option program.
- Creating a database of talent, experts, and resources to facilitate casting needs
- Outreach to organizations and individuals as pertains to reality projects
- Scout local talent
- Sift through submissions & self-taped auditions
- Book and organize auditions when necessary
- Prepare and attend auditions
- Confirm talent for shoots
- Maintain database of available reality and scripted talent and experts
- Recruiting/scouting talent & heavy research
- Work directly with internal producers to identify casting needs are for each project, and help guide them towards solutions that fit their design and budgetary needs
- Check actor conflicts and obtain proper paperwork
- Talent liaison for shoots, including working with agents, managers, and talent directly
- Work with producers and production team on submissions and casting choices
- Ability to handle contracts
- Ability to book background talent
- Ability to be flexible with unique projects and outrageous casting requests
- Negotiate fees with cast (as per locked budget)
- 3+ years casting experience - experience in reality casting and the digital landscape a plus
- Active knowledge of labor laws, especially when working with minors
- Active knowledge of different unions and union rules
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external producers
- Working knowledge of Breakdown Express, Casting Crane, Cast It, etc.
- Positive attitude, personable and easy to work with
- Ability to multitask
- Work on tight deadlines
- Ability to work on both long term schedules, and handle last minute changes with ease
- Must have a sensitivity for minorities (i.e. LGBTQ communities, people with disabilities, etc)
- Tech savvy and knowledge of equipment and programs used for video calls and auditions
- Must be able to manage multiple lines of communication, across projects running concurrently
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Active knowledge of the local sketch/improv/stand up scene is a large plus
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Customer Success Manager
Dataminr, Washington DC; New York
HR Generalist UK / IRL
Eventbrite, London, United Kingdom
Senior Technical Recruiter (NYC)
Lyft, New York, NY
Postmates, San Francisco
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Luxury Retreats - Recruitment Coordinator (contract)
Airbnb, Montreal, Quebec, Canada