Project Coordinator, Tasty Commerce, Buzzfeed Product Labs
BuzzFeed, New York
The social news and entertainment company.
Sitting within BuzzFeed’s newly created Product Lab, this position will be responsible for all necessary project planning, scheduling, tracking, managing and communication required for the successful commerce initiatives for Tasty.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is able to quickly grasp the the inner workings of several projects, is agile, and isn’t afraid to roll-up his/her sleeves to tackle projects both big and small, and is someone who will bring energy and passion to everything they do.
This job is based in BuzzFeed’s Product Lab, located in NYC’s Chelsea neighborhood. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program. Not to mention a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks
- Serve as Project Coordinator on Tasty Commerce initiatives:
- Prepare and manage day to day and long term project plans for new and current commerce initiatives
- Directs and coordinates activities of project teams (content, marketing, creative, operations)
- Reviews frameworks to uncover areas for improvement and increased efficiency
- Work with Tasty Commerce GM to research, develop, iterate, and maintain scalable business/operational processes, best practices, and other communication streams across teams
- Implement, maintain and continuously develop suitable tools and metrics to support project management effectiveness, while aligning with the growing and scaling needs of the team
- Work with internal teams to develop framework for execution of goals and execution of maintenance of programs and projects.
- Balance critical facets of traditional project management with flexibility and adaptability to unique and complex business projects in a flexible and agile environment
- Develop a thorough understanding of Tasty products, content, brand, and goals
- Assist with other Product Labs initiatives and projects as needed
- 2-4 years experience in project management, coordination or similar roles
- Ability to successfully navigate a large and complex organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; someone who naturally can build consensus cross-functionally, across teams and across business goals
- Strong project management and people skills
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Solution-oriented approach and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and fluid environment, as well as situations of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Comfortable with using and learning data sources as diverse as Google Analytics, Facebook’s audience tools, Shopify, Looker etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Galvanize, San Francisco
Identity Risk Operations Lead
Airbnb, Dublin, Ireland
Retail Store Designer
Warby Parker, New York, NY
Procurement & Inventory Associate
rag & bone, NY - Headquarters
Bonobos, New York, NY
Peloton, San Francisco Warehouse