The BuzzFeed Animation team needs a hard-working Animation Resident in the Los Angeles office, to start as soon as possible. We are looking for someone with a passion for both the entertainment industry and story telling along with the ability to work in a very fast-paced environment. Ideal candidates have a deep interest in creating animations and illustrations that people want to share across social media.
- Work closely with the BuzzFeed Animation team to come up with ideas
- Generate and facilitate ideas for visual content
- Optimize, organize, and prepare files for the web
- Work and collaborate with other teams to come up with new ideas based on past successes
- Create work based on current design trends as well as design styles past and present
- Be willing to adapt to new software and new ways of doing things that might be unusual for the industry
- In-Depth Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Degree or course of study in animation or illustration
- Strong sense of design and color
- Video editing skills a plus
- Motion capture knowledge is a big plus
- Ability to work Independently on multiple projects under a tight deadline
- Great communication skills and a talent for collaboration
- An interest in current events, pop culture, and social media
- Someone who uses Facebook on a daily basis and LOVES the platform
- An active presence on social media
- Willingness to learn quickly from metrics and reiterate on what we learn
- 1-2 years animation experience preferred
- Submit your resume below
- Please include a link to a portfolio of your recent work -- no PDFs or Dropbox links, please!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Senior UX Designer
PlayStation, Los Angeles
Product Designer - Yelp Reservations
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Senior Experience Designer (m/w)
Senior UX Design Manager, Device Services
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
User Experience Designer