BuzzFeed is looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial, digital sales person with a passion for social content-driven advertising. This role reports to our SVP of International Brand Strategy and works with part of a wider commercial team.
You’ll introduce our social advertising products to brands and agencies, and work closely with our product and account service teams to see to it that the programs are implemented to maximum long-term client satisfaction. You should have a track record of success and an entrepreneurial leaning that will allow you to quickly get up to speed on our products and begin generating revenue.
- Introduce our products to brands and agencies through meetings, speaking opportunities, and written materials
- Reach and exceed individual sales goals while contributing to overall team goals
- Prospect, penetrate and create new relationships with advertising agencies and clients
- Develop relationships at all levels from CMO to Brand Managers to Agency Buyers
- Provide feedback to our product and business teams about the needs and successes in the market
- Collaborate with our editorial teams to introduce sponsorship opportunities around new editorial launches
- Identify and understand trends within social media
- Strong focus on being able to analyze data and use it to effectively grow the business
- 5+ years of previous digital sales experience
- Experience at a leading publisher or social media platform
- Strong track record of success driving revenue through discovering, prospecting, creating new business and growing and retaining existing business
- Strong writing skills
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills and an ability to persuade at all levels of an agency or client
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- An understanding of social ad products like Facebook Sponsored Stories and Promoted Tweets
- Skilled in crafting slide decks and written pitch materials a plus
- Passionate about social advertising and new media
- Demonstrable knowledge of the online advertising industry
- Ability to work in a fast moving company and industry
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant, Data Analytics - NYC
Looker, New York
Account Executive (Mid-Market)
Checkr, San Francisco, CA
Inside Channel Account Manager
Workforce Management Manager
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL
Qubit, New York
Enterprise Account Executive
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA