BuzzFeed Video is looking for a freelance video editor to join our social team in Los Angeles, CA. The Freelance Editor will work with the social team to edit short-form, adapted & licensed content. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to juggle multiple projects at once.
Rate is $31/hr., 40 hrs. per week (overtime eligible)
- Edit 4-6 videos a week
- Implement feedback from the Social Editor & Adaptations Lead in a timely manner
- Quickly iterate off of successful/trending content
- Work with the Publishing Team to grow social pages
- Reframe various media for different social channels
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Must be comfortable with most video codecs and formats
- Extremely knowledgeable about at least one social platform such as: YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat
- Interest in social platforms and data
- Must be comfortable working in After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Must be meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
- Ability to work independently and under close direction
- Experienced in deadline driven environment and internet video
- Experience behind a camera and knowledge of lighting and sound design a plus
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We’d also like you to share 2-3 videos that performed well on Facebook within the last year, and explain why you think they were successful.
- Attach a resume.
- Share 3-5 samples of work you’ve edited.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Creative Designer/Art Director
CB Insights, New York
Snapchat Discover Video Supervising Producer (Freelance)
Refinery29, New York, NY
Creative Video Producer/Editor
BuzzFeed, Sao Paulo
Freelance Writer, Washington DC
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group - DC
Coordinator, Post Production - International Originals
Netflix, Los Angeles, California