We're looking for a smart, talented, experienced news junkie to help our ambitious Aussie news team grow our fast-expanding social footprint on a multitude of platforms. With proven news smarts and a strong, demonstrable multimedia skill-set, you’ll manage our News and Politics accounts day-to-day, working with our local and global news curation + social strategy teams to take us to the next level.
The successful candidate should have extensive relevant experience at a professional news organization, superior news judgement, excellent communication and leadership skills, and be obsessed with figuring out what people are sharing, liking, recommending, and talking about online.
This is a role for someone who can identify interesting conversations wherever they happen, and curious to discover all sides of the story.
BuzzFeed offers competitive compensation, a stock option program, and excellent benefits.
- Grow BuzzFeed News Australia’s distributed presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Apple News and beyond, working closely with our reporters, editors, video producer, photo editor and data teams.
- Create, edit and manage distributed, video and live video coverage by monitoring, gathering, verifying and telling stories using social content.
- Own our publishing strategy and lead efforts to pioneer innovative ways to tell news stories across BuzzFeed’s owned and operated and distributed news channels.
- Coordinate teams across a wide range of existing products including breaking posts, email newsletter, push alerts and homepage to deliver 24/7 coverage.
- Collaborate with international news teams to optimise publishing across platforms and feeds.
- Assist the breaking news desk with gathering, verifying and confirming social content.
- Monitor, gather, verify and tell stories using social content.
- 3-4 years experience in social news production for a major news organisation.
- Adept understanding of how, when, and where BuzzFeed News Australia’s current and new audiences wants to consume and engage with content.
- A national/politics/world news junkie obsessed by #auspol and the daily news cycle.
- Comfortable with real-time social reporting: searching for photos and videos, and live-tweeting press conferences and big events.
- Relentless attention to detail while multitasking in a fast-moving breaking news environment.
- Experience with real-time analytics and social sharing tools.
- Well-rounded knowledge of photo and video editing software.
- Thorough understanding of the social web, copyright issues, copyright law.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Social Media Associate, Snapchat
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
Director, International Originals (Northern Europe)
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Branded Project Coordinator
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
Freelance Writer, Phoenix
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group
Assistant Photo Producer
Everlane, San Francisco, CA
Freelance Writer, San Francisco
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group, San Francisco