Senior Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
BuzzFeed, New York
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is seeking an experienced Engineer to help build the infrastructure that powers our analytics products. This is a huge opportunity to be part of a growing team and help shape the way we develop, deploy, and operate production quality systems. In this role you will be reporting to the Sr Manager of Software Engineer- Data Infrastructure.
We offer competitive compensation with stock options, full benefits (401k matching), and tasty perks - including catered lunch twice a week, a well stocked kitchen and bagel Fridays. We host team outings and special events like music breaks and summer film series.
We have engineering wide hack weeks (http://bit.ly/bf-hack-week-video) and we deeply value open source, giving back to the community by speaking, hosting meetups and contributing to projects we benefit from.
What you'll do:
- Help drive the optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality
- Span languages as needed, depending on the data processing framework in use
- Collaborate with other software engineers, ML experts, and others, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day
- Work with a mix of tried and true and cutting edge technologies in a distributed ecosystem
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the awesome pipelines you build
- Architect, build and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to editors and engineers alike
Who you are:
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- You take pride in designing beautiful, efficient systems and take design and code reviews seriously
- You are passionate about helping drive decisions by providing reliable, high-quality data
- Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code components
- Experience with Go and Python
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Cloud Systems Developer
Services Architect (Washington, DC)
Okta, Washington, DC
Senior Technical Project Manager
Lumosity, San Francisco
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer (Front End Engineer)
PlayStation, Aliso Viejo, CA
Developer Relations Intern
Slack, San Francisco