Production Assistant, News Curation & Distribution (Contract)
BuzzFeed, New York
The social news and entertainment company.
We're looking for a Twitter-obsessed news junkie to join BuzzFeed News' morning show team as a production assistant. In this role the candidate will assist the producers, hosts and associate producers in the production of an early morning news show. This role is unique, however, in that the candidate will work closely with the news curation team to identify developing stories and conversations on Twitter, work with the team to incorporate the content into the show’s editorial and then focus on distributing content after the show.
The successful candidate will love mornings, have excellent news judgment and communication skills, and be generally excited about figuring out what people are talking about, retweeting, and liking.
This is a short-term role, starting in late August and ending in mid-December.
- Assist producers in editorial and administrative tasks that support the daily live morning news show.
- Work closely with publishing teams to edit and distribute show highlights.
- Support live coverage on Twitter during the show and other social media platforms after the show.
- Understanding of social platforms and apps, and why content on those platforms became popular.
- Experience and interest in covering news-related LIVE content, including politics, business, tech, sports, science, and global affairs.
- Ability to keep a cool head under pressure, and work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced breaking news environment.
- Advanced knowledge of photo and video editing software.
- Proven organizational and administrative experience.
- Must be a team player and live on Twitter.
- Excellent time-management skills: ability to multitask and prioritize projects with hard deadlines.
- Relentless attention to detail while comfortable multitasking in fast-moving newsroom and production environments.
- Ability to adapt to last-minute changes in schedules and plans.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- 1 to 3 years of live production experience.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Freelance Writer, San Diego
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group - San Diego
TV Critic, Entertainment Weekly
Time Inc., New York, NY
Project Manager, Content Distribution - APAC
Netflix, Singapore, Singapore
Senior Digital Integrated Producer
Carrot Creative, Brooklyn, New York
Part-Time Jr. Designer, Boutiques
Live Graphics Operator
Time Inc., New York, NY