BuzzFeed International seeks a Director of Global Growth to join our team in New York. Your job will be to manage part of the team that is helping to bring BuzzFeed to new countries around the world, with a particular focus on translation/adaptation, product and global content strategy. But you’ll also rove as needed to help the team meet key business objectives and continue to be awesome. This role reports into the VP of International.
Your immediate focus will be supporting our international strategic operations group, a small, fast-moving team with ambitious goals, based in New York and Los Angeles. International growth is a large part of BuzzFeed’s future. With 10 global editions — Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Japan, Mexico, Spain and the UK — we already have a large global footprint.
About you: You are an effective manager, an exceptional internal and external communicator, someone who can guide and develop your team members and who can serve as a connector and evangelist for the US-based international staff as well as the global teams. You’re innately flexible and able to adapt to new situations and ways of thinking, have a bias towards action and are able to operate with a high degree of independence.
This job is based in our New York office and offers competitive compensation with stock options.
- Long-term strategic planning: You’ll work with the international strategic ops team to decide on issues around growth, resource deployment, expansion and new initiatives, with an eye to which ideas can dramatically improve our position globally.
- Help guide the leaders of our various strategic operations groups, plus evangelize and make their work visible broadly
- Develop new projects and initiatives for international teams
- Directly manage a diverse group of 4-5
- 5+ years experience in digital publishing (ideally with international experience)
- Solid understanding of international media markets
- Experience managing a program or launching a new initiative from conception to successful launch
- Experience managing teams
- Good editorial instincts
- Able to work independently and take ownership of your goals
- Comfortable doing public speaking and press on behalf of a company
- High emotional intelligence
- The ability to take perspective of others
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters)
- A competitive drive -- you enjoy winning, really going for it
- Ideally: International experience in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and/or Africa, multiple languages
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Marketing and Events Intern - Spring 2018
Updater, New York, NY
Digital Marketing, Sr. Manager
Hortonworks, London, UK
Consumer PR Manager - Poland & CEE
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Sr. Director of Communications
Bonobos, New York
QA & Automation Engineer
Yotpo, Tel Aviv-Yafo
Publicity Manager, India
Netflix, Mumbai, India