About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
We are looking for a front-end focused iOS engineer to build out Tasty’s Food Commerce and Innovation Strategy. This is a new team that will be part of the larger Tasty Technology team and work very closely with our Technology Partnerships Team that helps manage our relationship with Walmart. Shoppable Recipes is an existing feature within the Tasty mobile application and website that allows users to shop recipes, customize their cart, and checkout for pick-up or delivery. You will be working with a small, agile, and laser-focused team dedicated to enhancing the value of Shoppable Recipes, so that users want to shop recipes and groceries more frequently on the app. As Commerce evolves on Tasty, this may also expand across categories beyond recipes.
- Be the engineering leader on a small squad focused on Commerce Innovation
- Collaborate with the team on product and design to bring your features to life from beginning to end
- Build consumer facing interfaces that directly drives revenue
- Integrate into an existing app codebase while innovating on brand new features
- Set a standard of excellence for the larger app group beyond Tasty
- Help define the future of Commerce Innovation on Tasty
- 5+ years of iOS engineering experience
- You are a passionate and product-focused engineer who enjoys contributing to and leading technical projects and working with engineers at all levels
- You are as comfortable working autonomously as you are on a team
- Aa deep empathy for user problems and use this to identify solutions to enhance and improve their experience
- Excitement about the food or commerce space
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Tech Jobs For You
Engineering Manager | Lonely Planet
Red Ventures, Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; New York, NY; Nashville, TN; U...