Data Scientist (Federal)
C3.ai, Tysons, Virginia and Redwood City, California
C3.ai is the world’s leading AI and IoT software platform provider for digital transformation.
C3.ai is a leading enterprise AI software provider for accelerating digital transformation. The comprehensive and proven C3 AI Suite uses a model-driven abstraction layer to enable organizations to develop, deploy, and operate enterprise scale AI applications 40x to 100x faster than alternative approaches. www.c3.ai
C3.ai is looking for a Data Scientist (Federal) to solve challenging, novel, and large-scale enterprise problems for Federal clients. In this capacity you will represent C3.ai as a technical expert and help our team to frame problems, choose appropriate machine learning algorithms, and identify opportunities to leverage the C3.ai Suite.
Recent examples of successful engagements include predictive maintenance on oil and gas equipment and aircraft subsystems, supply chain optimization, manufacturing yield optimization, chronic disease prevention, customer spend prediction, and equipment lifetime optimization.
Qualified candidates will have an in-depth knowledge of most common machine learning techniques and their application. You will also understand the limitations of these algorithms and how to tweak them or derive from them to achieve results at large-scale.
This role requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Residence.
- Become an expert in the C3.ai Suite and associated tools to teach, enable, and assist C3.ai customers to build their own applications.
- Design and deploy machine learning pipelines for C3.ai’s federal customers.
- Collaborate with data and subject matter experts from C3.ai and its customer teams to seek, understand, validate, interpret, and correctly use new data elements.
- US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong understanding of machine learning algorithms & principles (regression analysis, time series, probabilistic models, supervised classification and unsupervised learning), and their application
- Strong background in mathematics, statistics, and computer science
- Excellent programming skills in Python
- Ability to drive a project and work both independently and in a team
- Smart, motivated, can do attitude, and seeks to make a difference
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or equivalent fields. Specialization in machine learning preferred.
- Active Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance (Secret or higher)
- Experience with deep learning, natural language processing, computer vision, or reinforcement learning
- A portfolio of projects (GitHub, papers, etc.)
C3.ai provides a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
C3.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.
C3.ai is a leading enterprise AI software provider for accelerating digital transformation. The proven C3 AI Suite provides the comprehensive services to build enterprise scaleAI applications 40x to 100x faster than alternative approaches. The core of the C3 AI Suite is a revolutionary, extensible, model-driven abstraction layer that dramatically enhances data scientist and application developer productivity. The C3 AI Suite supports any value chain in any industry with pre-built, configurable, high-value AI applications for predictive maintenance, fraud detection, sensor network health, supply network optimization, energy management, anti-money laundering, and customer engagement.