Forward Deployed Solution Engineer / Sales Engineer
C3.ai, Sydney, Australia
C3.ai is the world’s leading AI and IoT software platform provider for digital transformation.
C3.ai is a leading enterprise AI software provider for accelerating digital transformation. The comprehensive and proven C3 AI Suite uses a model-driven abstraction layer to enable organizations to develop, deploy, and operate enterprise scale AI applications 40x to 100x faster than alternative approaches. www.c3.ai
Forward Deployed Solution Engineers work at the leading edge of our business to rapidly and accurately configure the C3.ai Platform and Application solutions that solve complex business problems involving significant scale and technical complexity in new domains and for new customers.
FDS Engineers work closely with the customer’s IT, business analytics, and data science teams to demonstrate the capabilities of the C3.ai Platform. Our FDS engineers are comfortable architecting systems that require analyzing high-volume, high-frequency, broad, unstructured or real time data sets. Data science and big data techniques are core to the C3.ai Platform and the FDS Engineers maintain conversational and technical competency in these areas. We’re looking for engineers who are project oriented and enjoy selling and interacting with customers to solve high impact, previously unsolved problems.
Recent examples of successful engagements include predictive maintenance on oil and gas equipment and aircraft subsystems, supply chain optimization, manufacturing yield optimization, chronic disease prevention, customer spend prediction, and equipment lifetime optimization. These are high value projects with high levels of internal and external visibility.
- Conduct C3.ai Platform and application demonstrations and training to both internal and external audiences.
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain knowledge necessary to be effective in the position.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or comparable area of study.
- 2+ years of experience demonstrating software products, presenting technical deep-dives, and technical objection handling.
- General knowledge of big data, database, batch/stream processing, and cloud technologies.
- Understanding of machine learning concepts, examples and benefits.
- Highly communicative and team oriented.
- Strong work ethic, goal-oriented, attention to detail and proven record of delivery.
- Familiarity of CLI tools, specifically: awk, sed, grep, find, tail, head, curl.
- Familiarity with version control tools, specifically: Git.
- Technical competency in Data Science, i.e. has experience in learning machine learning algorithms.
- Experience in working in an AGILE engineering organization.
- Understanding of the competitive landscape in enterprise big data and machine learning platforms.
- Competency in public speaking & customer interaction.
C3.ai provides a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
C3.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.
C3.ai is a leading enterprise AI software provider for accelerating digital transformation. The proven C3 AI Suite provides the comprehensive services to build enterprise scaleAI applications 40x to 100x faster than alternative approaches. The core of the C3 AI Suite is a revolutionary, extensible, model-driven abstraction layer that dramatically enhances data scientist and application developer productivity. The C3 AI Suite supports any value chain in any industry with pre-built, configurable, high-value AI applications for predictive maintenance, fraud detection, sensor network health, supply network optimization, energy management, anti-money laundering, and customer engagement.