Product Manager - Developer Experience
C3.ai, Redwood City
C3.ai is the world’s leading AI and IoT software platform provider for digital transformation.
C3.ai is a leading enterprise AI software provider for accelerating digital transformation. The comprehensive and proven C3 AI Suite uses a model-driven abstraction layer to enable organizations to develop, deploy, and operate enterprise scale AI applications 40x to 100x faster than alternative approaches. www.c3.ai
Developer Experience product managers serve as a primary focal point for the planning, design and implementation stages of developer tools on the C3 AI Suite. As a DevX Product Manager, your job is to improve the experience of developers who use the C3 AI Suite to build deploy and operate big-data, ML and IoT applications by specifying and overseeing the development of tools that cover the entire software development lifecycle.
We are looking for a hands-on Product Manager with strong technical aptitude and experience to lead and deliver a variety of develop tools across the C3 stack - Infrastructure, C3 platform, web services & APIs, tools and applications. You will interface with customers, prospects, partners and engineering teams to understand user needs and customer use cases. In addition, you will work with Sales, Marketing and Professional Services to understand competitive trends, communicate product positioning, key benefits and be an evangelist for your product offering.
- Own the product vision for your area. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision. Be an expert on the domain, the market, the trends. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Define functional requirements, develop detailed product specifications and associated project work plans for C3 AI Suite features and key enhancements requests.
- Collaborate across teams. Product Managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering, marketing, sales, services and other stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Support the C3.ai Services team on project governance activities (project plans, weekly status reviews, cross-functional meetings, executive status reviews).
- Effectively and proactively communicate with customers and build a trusted advisor relationship.
- Mentor core customer team members on C3.ai Platform capabilities.
- Regular travel (15+%) to customer sites is required.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or similar field and Master of Science or Business Administration degrees.
- 5+ years of work experience, with project experience in big data, cloud, and analytics.
- Understanding of Application Lifecycle Management tools, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Version Control, Testing Frameworks and DevOps.
- Understanding of public cloud services (AWS/Azure/GCP) and fundamental components like Compute/Virtual Machines, Storage, Databases, Identity and User Management, etc.
- Ability to wireframe user experiences and workflows with an intuition for developer products.
- Grasp the big picture, while still delivering on the details.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
C3.ai provides a competitive compensation package:
- Competitive salary, generous stock options, 401K, Medical, dental, and vision benefits, Fully stocked kitchen with catered lunch, table tennis and pool in office, free member for on-site gym, fun team with great people, Friday evening social hours with food, drink and music.
C3.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.
C3.ai is a leading enterprise AI software provider for accelerating digital transformation. The proven C3 AI Suite provides the comprehensive services to build enterprise scaleAI applications 40x to 100x faster than alternative approaches. The core of the C3 AI Suite is a revolutionary, extensible, model-driven abstraction layer that dramatically enhances data scientist and application developer productivity. The C3 AI Suite supports any value chain in any industry with pre-built, configurable, high-value AI applications for predictive maintenance, fraud detection, sensor network health, supply network optimization, energy management, anti-money laundering, and customer engagement.