Tired of preparing the same tax returns year after year? Would you love to stop tracking your billable hours? Are you interested in making an impact in the tax profession that will affect thousands of others?
We are seeking a tax form creation auditor candidate who can help us review, evaluate, and test rules/logic for federal and state tax software. This position requires a highly motivated individual who has a passion for quality and can work alongside other tax professionals, designers, product managers, and software engineers. Excellent communication and attention to detail will be critical to your success.
- Review logic for federal and/or state tax forms, schedules, and worksheets
- Provide insights into best practices for interacting with tax software
- Develop creative solutions for reviewing, evaluating, and testing tax forms and returns
- Thoroughly document work
- Work with a team to audit and test tax computations for accuracy
- Test updates to accommodate for changes in tax law and legislation
- Work with software engineers and product managers to develop ways to automate testing tax software
- Experience preparing and reviewing Form 1040 and/or SALT returns
- Strong tax research skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Track record of meeting deadlines
- No programming language or testing experience needed
- QA or Auditing experience
- CPA or EA designation
Canopy is a tech startup in Lehi building simple, delightful software for tax professionals. We place strong emphasis on product and solving real problems for our users. If you are interested in getting on board with a SaaS startup, you will not find a faster growing, early stage startup in Utah. Everyone always asks if we tell our employees to rate us highly on Glassdoor… but we don’t! Canopy is a great place to work. Our culture is one of ownership, trust, and a work hard play hard mentality. See why our current tax pros love working here!
We also offer the following perks:
- Great medical and dental benefits, and life insurance
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Fully-stocked kitchen 24/7
- Foosball and ping pong
- Canopy stock options
Canopy's mission is to make taxing work simple.
Canopy is building sophisticated, cloud-based software to make resolving IRS collections easier on tax professionals and their clients. It allows effortless gathering of client information and documents, robust tax analytics, auto-completion of tax forms, and more.
Want to learn more about Canopy? Visit Canopy's website.
Jobs You May Like
Corporate Counsel - Regulatory
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
Production Finance Coordinator
Hypebeast, New York
Business Development Representative - Outbound
Box, San Francisco, CA
Werkstudent Datenschutz (m/w/d)
Financial Accounting & Advisory Services, Director
Accordion Partners, Boston
Manager - Global Mobility Services
KPMG New Zealand, Auckland