Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software
- Amplify Canva’s brand and product in China, making sure they are consistent with global requirements, while presenting a localized Chinese narrative to local stakeholders across a range of verticals.
- Develop China PR and communications strategy to secure placement in print, broadcast and online media, so as to increase brand awareness, reputation and thought leadership in respective fields
- Build and maintain quality relationships with Chinese mainstream and targeted media and influencers in primary industries, including tech, design, business, marketing and future workspace.
- Support product launches relevant to the local market.
- Develop storylines, draft press releases, fact sheets, blog articles, social media posts, and award submissions to sustain media momentumCoordinate all inbound media enquiries, interviews and speaking requests
- Manage Canva’s internal and external event program including partnerships and sponsorships, such as brown-bags, tech talks, workshops and other community initiatives
- Monitor media mentions and performance, and provide reporting to key stakeholders
- Provide media training for local Canva spokespeople for interviews and public speaking engagements
- Issues and crisis management
Skills and responsibilities
- A demonstrated 5+ years experience in a PR role - either in-house or at an agency - across the full gamut from strategy and campaign development to pitching and placing stories
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - you get your point across in a clear, concise way that’s easy for anyone to understand. Your attention to detail is flawless
- Calm under pressure and able to juggle a range of important, competing priorities. You’ll be able to manage your own day-to-day schedule, and know what to do when you’ve got an event on, teams waiting on your feedback, and a journalist on the line needing something ASAP
- Strategic thinker, able to understand Canva’s higher-level objectives and execute strategies and campaigns to support them. You’ll need to be as comfortable talking and thinking about how we scale PR in China, as you are making snap tactical decisions and judgements
- Ability to deal with a wide range of stakeholders - journalists, other team members, company leaders, investors, and Canva’s community
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.