Head of Total Rewards
Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software
What you'll do:
- Lead Canva’s approach to Total Rewards, by designing and overseeing delivery of our compensation, equity, and benefits programs, including our philosophy and structure as well as our equity strategy.
- Work closely with Canva’s functional areas to build a compensation model and approach that supports us to hire and retain the best talent.
- Partner with senior leadership and the HR team to develop approval processes and structures needed to mature the organization and ensure fair, performance-based compensation practices.
- Effectively communicate our compensation and benefits program, philosophy and approach internally, to ensure our team understands how decisions are made and feel fairly recognised and rewarded for the work they do.
- Coordinate our salary review process.
- Analyse and refine our internal role calibration to ensure consistency and scalability of our approach.
- Establish benchmarking and ensure that we’re remaining competitive with the market.
- Help us refine our compensation philosophy and approach across regions and offices, pairing with our local teams.
- Drive programs and initiatives to support our broader People Team, as well as our teams and specialities across the company.
- Define and track success of our services and programs, and continue to drive improvements as we scale.
Who you’ll be:
- 5+ years experience in the compensation field.
- Experience setting up scaleable systems to support a growing global workforce.
- Proven leadership experience and the ability to see the “broad picture” and operation strategically in all functions.
- Great blend of hands-on operational and design/strategy experience.
- Ability to think strategically (beyond just the here and now), and synthesise lots of complex information to come up with solutions with tangible impact.
- Data-driven and results focussed. Must have prior experience with both quantitative and qualitative data — tracking, measuring and evaluating outcomes to demonstrate impact.
- Ideally some prior experience in technology so that you can talk the talk internally, and build empathy across the business.
- You’ll have incredible organisational skills and attention to detail and be able to balance the big picture with getting the important things right
- You demonstrate a high degree of judgement and can juggle a diverse range of priorities.
- You are able to influence and work with a wide range of stakeholders, including the founders, speciality leads, teams, and our People team functions (Team Happiness, Canva University, Coaching, Vibe etc.).
- You can balance working individually and autonomously with working in and alongside a range of teams — you’re comfortable being part of a team, leading projects, or owning things; whatever the job calls for!
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates and visa application fees covered
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.