Frontend Web Engineer
Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software
What you'll do
- Develop new user-facing features, creative solutions for Canva’s marketing campaigns, landing pages, new product teasers, and a wide range of other projects.
- Identify and communicate best practices for front end engineering within the team.
- Interact with our back end systems.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Improve existing code base, architecture and workflow.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Ensure that the Canva experience spans a wide range of devices, from desktop to mobile.
- Makes suggestions and participates in moving the company forward as being an expert in what they do.
- Communicate with other team members to determine the best solutions to difficult problems.
You'll love this role if you have
- Working knowledge of Native JS and flexibility to work with various frameworks
- Expert knowledge of web technologies (HTML5/CSS3/JS)
- Good understanding of different ECMA versions and their differences
- Have an outstanding understanding of Critical Rendering Path
- Experience building and managing WordPress themes and the WordPress environment.
- Understanding of at least the basics of NodeJS and its concept
- The ability to write good object oriented JS
- Have a decent notion of PHP, or another full stack environment, to integrate FE elements with it
- Understanding of React / Typescript would be a bonus
- Intimate knowledge of cross-browser and cross-device development.
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing.
- Experience with front end tooling (Webpack, PostCSS, NPM/Yarn, SASS, Gulp)
- Experience with build and management tools (Git)
- Ability to collaborate with designers to rapidly prototype ideas
- Minimum 3-5+ years of experience in front-end development.
- The ability to clearly convey thoughts and ideas; both verbal and written.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or a related field
What you'll learn at Canva
- Server-Side Rendering with React Architecture and development across a range of services from web server to backend API & DB using NodeJS & GraphQL
- Working with small to medium teams from all areas of Canva to fulfill fast-moving, ambitious company projects.
- A variety of CI tools for managing PRs, regressions and visual regression.
- And more!
- Equity options
- Opportunity to join one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies.
- Your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users.
- Learn from and work with some of Australia’s best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, product and growth professionals.
- Perks including free breakfast and lunch meals prepared by our in-house chefs.
- Fitness & gym benefits
- Sponsored team events
- Professional education leave & allowance benefits for use on courses, conferences, workshops, books, etc.
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Want to learn more about Canva? Visit Canva's website.
Jobs You May Like
Email Aptitude, Remote (United States)
Producer, Video and Photo
Thumbtack, San Francisco
Principal Product Designer
Helix, San Francisco, CA
Visual Interaction Designer
More Gold Technology, Chicago, IL
System Design Intern
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Senior UX Designer
BounceX, New York, NY