Software Engineer - Java, Product & Features
Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software
- Your day to day activities will consist of solution design and hands-on software development – working closely with leads, designers, and product managers to deliver features and functionality to our customers all over the world
- Once you’ve settled in and have a comfortable grasp of the product, environment, and processes, you’ll be given more responsibility and start leveraging your previous experience — bringing new ideas to the table concerning everything from feature development, process improvement, and product suggestions
- Taking charge of your career development by seizing opportunities to work across different teams, technologies, and roles
- Developing and iterating on technical proposals – outlining how solutions will be structured and developed
- Developing solutions you’ve designed from the ground up through to deployment into production
- Identifying and addressing performance bottlenecks within the application and broader infrastructure
- Being responsible for the reliability of your solution, including monitoring and responding to incidents. We care about reliability greatly as your code is going to be used by millions of people
- Participating in design meetings, hiring interviews, and code reviews
- Performance debugging, benchmarking, and building awesome things in general
Required Experience & Skills
- Commercial experience developing complex web applications
- Most of our code is in Java, but we're pragmatic - we'll use whatever makes the most sense to complete a task (previous experience with other languages is great!)
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns. You’d be surprised how often these things come up here at Canva!
- That you’re happy to roll the sleeves up and dive into java.util.concurrent from time to time 🙂
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we mean it when we say we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Gym and Yoga
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- We offer a full relocation package (including visa)
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Want to learn more about Canva? Visit Canva's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.