- Design, development, and optimization of Canva's entire web presence
- Produce simple, efficient, reusable code mindful of new technologies, paradigm, and ideas
- Manage external plugins/services/dependencies
- Provide solutions and help solve problems with infrastructure (i.e. servers, logs, caching)
- Build new services such as Search, API integrations, node services, WP plugins, etc.
- Oversee and work on all public facing sites at Canva such as blogs, marketing platforms, careers page, technical support, landing pages, and everything that faces the public outside the core design platform.
- Provide technical guidance to multiple teams across the company on the most effective ways of implementing desired requirements.
- Maintaining and optimizing existing products (i.e. About, Design School, landing pages, Help Centre, Wiki, etc.)
- Support frontenders with efficiency analysis on HTML, CSS, JS
- Experience and background in building complex and high-traffic, PHP-based web portals
- Knowledge of data storage retrieval and serialization concepts, operating systems concepts, compiler basics, databases APIs and oAuth
- Strong understanding algorithm complexity analysis, network and protocols basics, HTTP(s) protocols, and infrastructure basics (there's a test!)
- Extensive experience working and developing Wordpress or Drupal sites (utilizing multi-site), building plugins, and creating responsive themes (across web browser and mobile)
- Bachelor of Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience managing small projects and coordinating across multiple offices and geographies
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Fitness membership allowance, plus free Yoga and Boxing Gym membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Want to learn more about Canva? Visit Canva's website.
Jobs You May Like
Huge, Atlanta, Bogota, Brooklyn, Chicago, Detroit, Global, London, Los Angeles, Medellin, Oakland, Seattle, Singapore, Toronto, Washington DC
HelloFresh, New York, NY
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Creative Writer, Design for Change
IDEO, San Francisco
Senior CMF Designer
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA