- Produce simple, efficient, reusable code mindful of new technologies, paradigm, and ideas
- Manage external plugins/services/dependencies
- Provide solutions and help solve problems with infrastructure (i.e. servers, logs, caching)
- Build new services such as Search, API integrations, node services, WP plugins, etc.
- Oversee and work on all public facing sites at Canva such as blogs, marketing platforms, careers page, technical support, landing pages, and everything that faces the public outside the core design platform.
- Provide technical guidance to multiple teams across the company on the most effective ways of implementing desired requirements.
- Maintaining and optimizing existing products (i.e. About, Design School, landing pages, Help Centre, Wiki, etc.)
- Support frontenders with efficiency analysis on HTML, CSS, JS
- Bachelor of Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience and background in building complex and high-traffic, PHP-based web portals
- Solid understanding of the following concepts: algorithm complexity analysis, network and protocols basics, HTTP(s) protocols, and infrastructure basics.
- Extensive experience working and developing Wordpress sites (utilizing multi-site), building plugins, and creating responsive themes (across web browser and mobile)
- We would love it if you have experience and a good grasp of software engineering
- Preferably with project management experience
- Knowledge in the following fields is ideal: Data storage retrieval and serialization concepts, operating systems concepts, compiler basics, databases APIs and oAuth concepts
- Opportunity to be based at the headquarters of one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies. Your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users.
- Learn from and work with some of Australia's best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, product and growth professionals.
- Perks including two in-house chefs, in-house bar and entertainment space and generous fitness allowance.
- A competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- Sponsored team events
About us At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool with a stock library of over 1 million photographs, illustrations and imagery. You can also choose from hundreds of professional templates to create social media graphics, presentations, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more. Our mission is to make design simple for everyone. Driven by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.